Last Updated on by Aardvark
Table of Contents
Chilly nights call for some delicious soup, am I right?
Whatever the case may be, this cream of cannabis soup will warm you up in more ways than one. Filling and healthy. This is also a great recipe for those who get sick at this time of year. The following recipe makes 6 cups of Cream of Cannabis Soup and you can always save the extra for later!
Cream of Cannabis Soup
- 2 large leeks
- 2 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 4 cups of ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- Trim the roots and the leaves from leeks, leaving only the white and about 2 inches of the green sections.
- Rinse well and slice.
- Saute leeks in the cannabutter in an oven over low heat for about 10 mins until soft.
- Stir in chicken broth, potatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, trim off the tips from asparagus and reserve for garnish.
- Chop remaining asparagus into 1-inch pieces and add to boiling soup.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer soup into a food processor and process until pureed.
- Return soup to clean saucepan.
- Stir in cream and heat throughout.
- To prepare asparagus for garnish, bring salted water to boil in a small saucepan.
- Add reserved asparagus tips and cook about 3 to 5 mins or until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Garnish each serving with asparagus tips.